Dal Chawal Arancini
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Arhar dal - 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Parsley - 1 tbsp
Smoked paprika - 1/2 tsp
Garlic - 3 cloves
Ginger - 1 knot
Oil - For frying
Sweet chilli sauce - For dipping
A fun little way to present the leftover dal and rice in the form of a classic Italian dish.
1) In a bowl take the cooked rice and mix the boiled dal to it.
2) Add in the seasoning along with the parsley, chilli powder, smoked paprika, ginger and garlic.
3) Mix it all properly into a thick batter like consistency.
4) Add in a spoonful of cornflour to give the binding.
5) Make it into small bite sized balls and freeze for 20 minutes.
6) In a Meyer Select kadai, heat oil for deep frying and fry off the rice balls.
7) Remove from the oil once they are golden brown and serve hot along with sweet chilli sauce.