Green Peas And Basil Idli
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Green peas - 2 cups
Idli rawa - 1 cup
Curd - 1/2 cup
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger juliennes - 1 knot
Dry red chilli - 2
Basil leaves - 6-7
1) Overboil the green peas and blend them into a fine puree.
2) In a bowl, take the idli raw and add the curd and pea puree to it and mix till you reach a batter consistency. Add water if required. Add in the seasoning at this point.
3) Pour the batter on a greased plate (regular round plate).
4) In a deep pot, pour in water and heat it till it reaches its boiling point.
5) Place an elevated bowl in the pot to as a stand for the steaming of the idli.
6) Place the plate on top of that stand and cover it with a lid and let it steam for 10-12 minutes.
7) In a Meyer Safecook frypan, make a tempering using coconut oil, dry red chillies, mustard seeds, ginger juliennes and basil leaves.
8) Once the idlis have been steamed, spoon the tempering over the idli.
9) Serve it hot with chutney and sambar.
A different and uncommon variation of fried rice in which the rice is coated with egg yolks before stir-frying, giving them a nice golden coating and a rich mouthfeel.Read more