- Ghee: 70g
- Sooji: 70g
- Sugar: 70g
- Water: 280g
- Besan/ chickpea flour: 1 tsp
Start by making the sugar syrup, by adding the caster sugar and water in a Trivantage milk pan. Heat the water on medium heat till the sugar is dissolved.
- While the sugar dissolves, in a Trivantage kadai, melt the ghee and add sooji to the melted ghee. Roast the sooji with the ghee for 7-8 minutes. While roasting also add some besan to the kadai.
- Rost the halwa till the colour of the sooji turns into a light brown and the halwa smells nutty. At this stage add the sugar syrup into the kadai and continue mixing it evenly.
- Once the water is mixed, reduce the heat to low and cover the halwa for 1-2 minutes till the water is completely absorbed. Take off the lid and mix till the halwa is at your desired texture.
- Serve the halwa hot with some chopped nuts on top.
Sooji Halwa is a little different from regular halwa. While other halwas like atta turn a stage darker when water is added, sooji ka halwa turns lighter, therefore, it is important that you roast your halwa to one stage darker than required.