How to make Spinach And Corn Steaks?
1) Wash & rinse the spinach leaves in water thoroughly. Chop them and keep them aside. Blanch them and make them into a thick puree.
2) In Meyer Select Saute Pan, heat ghee and add in cumin seeds, ginger, and chili, and saute. Add Besan and roast it until golden. Besan is used to give thickness to the gravy.
3) Meanwhile, boil the potato. Grate it and and it to the pan to turn the palak structure into a dough-like form. Keep cooking the spinach till all the water evaporates and it stops sticking to your palm.
4) Take out the mixture in a bowl and add the seasoning and the frozen corn. Make small patties and stuff them with mozzarella cheese.Keep them in the freezer till they become solid.
5) For tomato chutney that will be used to layer the patties, heat mustard oil and add the mustard seeds along with the garlic cloves in a frying pan, and add tomatoes along with tomato puree. Lastly, add in the seasoning and the basil leaves and give them a final toss.
6) Take out the spinach steaks from the fridge and shallow fry them (both sides) on a MEYER Flat Dosa Tawa till they get a crispy crust.
7) Garnish with a spoon of the chutney and serve hot.
1) If the spinach becomes watery, you can saute the spinach separately and then add it to the corn.
2) You can chop the scallions/spring onions and garlic for garnishing at the end.
3) You can also add the red chili flakes and the oregano seasoning/Italian seasoning/mixed herbs.
4) You can use tinned/canned corn instead of fresh corn.
5) If there are any leftovers, they could be used as a stuffing for pancakes and also can be used as a stuffing for grilled or toasted corn sandwiches.
6) When stored in a sealed container, this palak corn will keep well for 1 to 2 days in the fridge. Reheat in a pan.