- Potatoes: 6-7
- Refined oil: 4 tbsp
- Onion: 5
- Capsicum: 1
- Cumin seeds: ½ tsp
- cardamom pods: 2
- Black cardamom: 1
- Cloves: 2
- Black peppercorns: 4-5
- Bay leaf: 1
- Dried red chillies: 2
- Ginger and garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Chilli powder: ½ tbsp
- coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: ½ tsp
- Tomatoes grated: 2
- Salt: to taste
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi: 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander: handful
- Chopped green chillies: 2
Wash, peel and slice medium sized potatoes into wedges.Heat oil in a pan. Add potato wedges. Fry until they turn golden. Remove and keep aside.
- Add 1 cup onion cubes and 1 cup capsicum cubes. Fry for a minute. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan add 1 tbsp oil. Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 cardamom, 1 black cardamom, 2 cloves, 4-5 black peppercorns, 1 bay leaf and 2 dried red chillies. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add 2 chopped onions. Fry until onions turn golden brown.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste. Sauté until the raw smell goes away.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1/2 tsp cumin powder. Cook for a minute.
- Add 2 grated tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt to taste. Sauté until oil separates.
- Add 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tbsp kasuri methi. Sauté for a minute.
- Add water and mix.
- Add the fried potatoes and mix them well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the onion and capsicum cubes. Mix them together. Cook for two minutes.
- Add some chopped coriander leaves and 2 chopped green chillies. Mix everything well. Serve hot with roti or paratha.
While mixing everything in the end, you can also add a little water to change the consistency according to your desire.