Microwave Baked Potato With Chunky Tomato Sauce
Preparation time 2 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Potatoes - 2 no.
Butter - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Pepper - a pinch
Tomatoes - 2 no.
Onions - 1/2 no.
Garlic - 2 cloves
Tomato puree- 2 tbsp
Basil - 3 leaves
1. Wash and rinse the potatoes and pat dry them.
2. Gently rub butter on the potatoes and poke them all over with a fork.
3. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
4. Place in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes, then flip and then cook for another 2 minutes.
5. In a pan heat butter and add garlic to it.
6. Add the onions and cook until soft.
7. Add the tomatoes and the puree and cook it down till it looks like a sauce.
8. Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper.
9. Peel open the skin of the potatoes and garnish with the tomato sauce, sour cream, and chopped parsley.
A dish suitable for any time of the day be it breakfast or as a cocktail snack with creaminess of cheese and earthiness of peanuts. Read more..Read more