How to make Tawa chicken?
1) In a large bowl, add flattened chicken thighs and marinate it with ginger & garlic paste, lemon juice, salt & pepper and mustard oil.
2) Mix it together and set it aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes. While the chicken is resting, prepare the tawa masala.
3) In a separate bowl, add green chillies, cubed onions, skinless tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt and whole coriander leaves with stems. Blend it all together by adding water.
4) On a hot stainless steel tawa, melt butter, add chopped ginger & garlic and green chillies. Saute these for a minute.
5) In the ginger garlic mixture, add the marinated chicken thighs, placed evenly over the tawa with some sliced onions. Saute the chicken for a few minutes on both sides.
6) Add the prepared tawa sauce over the chicken thighs and roast it along with the chicken. Roast it till it's thick and coats the chicken thighs completely.
7) Finish it off with some coriander leaves and chaat masala and mix it all together.
8) Serve the chicken hot, straight from the tawa and garnish it with some more fresh coriander and ginger juliennes.
1) Make sure to flatten the thighs before marinating so that they cook evenly.
2) Roast the chicken thigh properly before adding the sauce for better taste.
3) Blend the sauce with less water if you can so as to not dilute the flavour.