What makes Indian cuisine special?
Authentic, awesome and rich in taste; Indian cuisine is all about this! They are diverse and delicious; spicy and sumptuous; lavish and luscious! An amalgamation of varied flavours, each distinctive to different regions, Indian cuisine is a treat to tastebuds for the melodious mayhem they induce. From idlis and dosas to crunchy samosas and filling biryanis, India cuisine boasts of a wide variety and to cook these delicacies you would certainly need an arsenal of cookware in your cabinets.
Why do you need special cookware for Indian cooking?
- So that cooks don’t have to change their cookware often; they can be dependent and reliant on their sturdy cooking tool.
- So that the cookware can withstand strong flavours and neither be harmed by them or react to them.
- Because Indian cuisine often requires high heat; therefore, thermal conductivity of a cookware is essential.
- Because holding the handle to stir forms a major part of the cooking process, therefore, the handle should be wide and elongated for easy grasp.
Must-have cookware for Indian cooking:
1. Tawa- For rotis, parathas, chilis and all kinds of flatbreads
A Roti tawa is a must in any Indian Kitchen as roti is a staple item across all households. Rotis or Phulkas are first cooked on a tawa, then put directly on flame to rise and puff. A non-stick tawa is generally considered handy to prepare evenly cooked, soft rotis. Tawas are also used to prepare dosas and uttapam too; however, it is generally recommended to use dosa tawa for the perfect cooking result.
1. Meyer Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Roti/Chapati Tawa 26cm, Black
2. Meyer Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Flat Dosa Tawa, 28 cm, Black
3. Circulon Non-Stick + Hard Anodized Square Tawa, 28 cm
You’ll probably need a skillet all the time for making your favourite Kadhai Paneer or any curry. Any household is incomplete without a right sized and immaculately made kadai. So, get a good one with heavy-duty construction. For your everyday Samaritan, these awesome kadai can be used for the preparation of small batches of food which have zero to very less gravy. However, that does not limit them to just browning and roasting meat, sautéing veggies, stir-fries, pan sauces, toasting spices or deep frying. They, in fact, will be your helping hand for every meal, every day and on every occasion.
1. Circulon Origins 30cm Non-Stick + Hard Anodized Kadai/Wok with Lid
2. Meyer Select Stainless Steel Kadai 30cm (Induction & Gas Compatible)
3. Meyer Pre Seasoned Cast Iron 30cm Kadai/Wok with Glass Lid
3. Non-Stick Frypan:
With superior non-stick coating, a fry-pan will be the epitome of how to live healthily. Without worrying to clean it every time you use, it not just saves time but cuts down on oil as well. So, not just a couple’s health custodian but also a great time saver. Our experts recommend Circulon Saute Pan and Merlot non-stick open frypan. The Merlot range available in bright merlot hue, will not just add sparkle to your kitchen but magnify health and wellness of your family. Also, Merlot has a revolutionary diamond-dusted interior for high-performance, strength and durability. It will not just erase you from kitchen responsibilities but also radicalise your lifestyle. Versatile for every occasion, it can be used for making dry vegetarian preparations, pan frying meats, fish or tofu to poached eggs, chillas, omelette and an endless list of delicacies.
1. Meyer Accent Series Hard Anodized Nonstick Frying Pan/Skillet, 20cm, Matte Black
2. Circulon Clad Stainless Steel Frying Pan / Skillet with Hybrid SteelShield and Nonstick Technology, 25cm ,Silver
3. Meyer Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 22cm Frypan/Skillet
4. Saute pan:
These are perfect for one-pot meals such as biryani and pulaos and even lavish chicken recipes. Saute pan is a great option for simmering, searing, sauteing, frying and reducing liquid- all essential parts of Indian cooking.
1. Meyer Select Stainless Steel Saute Pan 24cm (Induction & Gas Compatible)
2. Meyer Accent Series Stainless Steel Saute Pan with Helper Handle, 4.5 Litres
3. Circulon Origins 24cm Saute Pan Non-Stick Hard Anodized
5. Tadka Pan:
Indian cuisine- such as curries or dal- without tadka is simply not Indian cuisine. We have got the perfect pan to help you prepare your hot tadka. Compact and comfortable, this pan is perfect to prepare your tempering with that transforms the flavour, aroma and the look of any Indian cuisine. Use this wonderful tadka pan to unlock the potential of flavour.
1. Meyer Stainless Steel Mini Pot 10CM/0.6L
Explore Complete Meyer Cookware Range here